Modern technology has changed one thing about us for sure- we need instant gratification.
Ask a question on your smartphone and get the answer in less than 5 seconds! We have become used to 'not waiting'. This desire for 'instant results, first permeated our food space with instant coffee and instant noodles.
Today, the desire for quick closure is everywhere- and the beauty industry hasn't remain behind? 'Instant results' have slowly but surely permeated our 'beauty treatments' too, as we are not prepared to wait to 'look our glamorous and beautiful best'.
And sitting on top of this 'minute to miracle makeover' list is the laser facial. In fact, Indian women have always loved facials- and our understanding of facials has always meant pampering massages with cream, a good 10 minutes of steam and then a face pack.
In its new avatar, the laser facial, is a game changer in the beauty space. What laser facials actually deliver is a more even complexion and texture, that makes you appear more youthful.
"A laser facial is a completely different experience. It is more result-oriented," says Dr.Amit Karkhanis, Founder of Dr.Tvacha Clinic
Here are five things you must know about a laser facial.
- Laser facials treat a wide variety of blemishes. Acne scars can linger for years, and acne itself can return after years of dormancy. Topical skin care products may improve them temporarily, but laser treatment is the key to restoring the appearance of your skin.
- Adult acne can be much more frustrating than it once was when all of our teenage peers were riddled with the same skin conditions. Topical products may work temporarily, but laser treatments, which could begin with a facial, are the real way to restore your skin's proper functions and rid yourself of stubborn acne scars and blemishes.
- Anti-aging serums and ointments may help temporarily. Aging skin begins to become depleted of collagen, which keeps your skin smooth and free of wrinkles. The problem with our aging skin is it begins to lose its natural ability to produce collagen, which is what allows our skin to remain smooth and wrinkle-free. Laser treatments, including the humble facials, work to restore our skin's ability to heal itself and fill in these fine lines through natural processes. By applying laser energy beneath the surface of the skin, we are able to stimulate collagen and blood vessels to constrict and work again as they once did.
- A laser facial is performed as an outpatient procedure, so you will not need to stay anywhere overnight. We may treat wrinkles and lines around your mouth, eyes or forehead, or your entire face. A laser facial can address all these skin problems, including large pores, broken capillaries & scars .
- Indians are blessed with abundant sunshine. But the price of a summer glow is usually sunspots, discoloration and pigmentation over time. This can happen with or without the sun as our skin ages and loses its ability to keep its even tone on its own. The good news? We can help you erase this discoloration easily and naturally, giving you results of even skin tone that will reflect light instead of restoring it. Enjoy a fresh, youthful look and the pleasure of using less makeup with these treatments.
"The use of lasers for hair removal is well-known," says Dr.Amit Karkhanis. "Much of Bollywood and our premium models use laser for facials and skin rejuvenation. A laser facial helps you to get rid of your imperfections from the inside out, and there's more of a predictable outcome as compared to a regular facial."
Before beginning the process, a therapist or skin care specialist cleanses the face. Your eyes may be covered with pads or special sunglasses that prevent the laser from damaging your eyes. A gel is applied to the skin before applying the laser.
But while instant gratification may feel nice, best results are for those, who know that outside of the facial, at home and work, you must adopt habits like drinking adequate water, a balanced diet, restrict alcohol intake, exercise daily etc.
"Dr.Tvacha's treatments are easy on time and easy on the pocket", says actor Pooja Chopra, " I'd say with the increasing exposure to pollution to the arclights, laser facials are a saviour for us.
Laser facials are one of the many laser treatments offer your skin full restoration and rejuvenation, giving you back the glowing, smooth, thick skin that makes the smile on your face the focal point rather than any imperfections.
Dr Amit Karkhanis, medical cosmetologist is the founder of the well-known Dr. Tvacha Clinic.
Dr. Tvacha is India's no. 1 laser technology clinic for skin and hair treatments.
For further details call on 022-7123 7000 or send an e-mail to email@example.com