International Business is undergoing a paramount transformation with the arrival of new technologies, shrinking boundaries, and the growing cosmopolitan culture. The Indian market itself has become a thriving ground for international talent and with the growing entrepreneurship in the Indian Subcontinent, the global demand for cutting-edge business solutions and inventive minds is on the rise.
Among the leading Indian B-Schools, FORE School of Management has wholeheartedly embraced the wind of change and has fully committed itself to foster the sharpest minds in the business world with a special focus on the global business climate. The New Delhi Based Business School has trained young minds and launched the careers of many with several of its students heading the major departments across an impressive array of verticals.
Recently, the FORE School of Management conducted an International Immersion Programme to facilitate a global and progressive learning environment for the students. In a brief programme spanning almost a week, IIP focused on providing students the international exposure and a platform for exchanging ideas and practices through streamlined lectures by the major academicians.
The 2018 IIP had 5 highly specialized and cutting-edge courses:
- International Trade and Logistics which was specifically designed for the International Business group students. This course was conducted by Prof. K. Ravi Kumar Shaw, Chair Professor at the Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
- Disruptive Technologies which covered disruption in a holistic and comprehensive way to outline how eminent companies have leveraged this strategy for modifying their own, adjoining, and other unrelated industries.
- Finance & Technology which explained the latest technologies that are transforming the current financial industry. It covered the concepts of Digital currency and its implications, Bitcoin and Blockchain, ICO, The Rise of Ant Financial Services, and International payment transformation.
- Digital Marketing which helped students understand customer needs, channels, tools, and touch points. It also helped students in knowing how data is being generated and used to enhance the effectiveness of communication messages and advertising.
- International Competitive Strategies which deals with the challenges that managers face in accomplishing the organization's goal in competitive and uncertain conditions while deploying their people and internal assets to optimal effect.
During the 2018 IIP, students visited various companies in Singapore like Grey Orange, Expara, Olam, and DHL as an essential part of their academic program. Technology group students also relished the first-hand experience of 3D printing at 3D Printing Lab of NTU. With a fully residential program like this, students sojourned at an excellent residential facility of Nanyang Executive Centre, part of NTU, Singapore.
Making Global Professionals
At Fore School of Management, the primary focus is on delivering the best, not second-grade or run of the mill education. Since the world's becoming increasingly global and connected, the dynamics of business sans geographic boundaries have evolved. The Fore School of Management is dedicated to pushing beyond the conventions and nurturing talent to encourage entrepreneurial and business innovation.
PGDM 2016-2018 batch's student Akshay Sood recounts his brilliant IIP experience at NEC, Singapore. He journalized his IIP experience via a photo-story and remarked that it indeed brought him face to face with the challenging global business climate. Akshay mentioned in his photo story that it was curiosity and an insatiable hunger for knowing more that took him to Singapore and the moment he stepped on the massive campus of Nanyang, he knew that it was the wisest trip he had made.
A brief trip, IIP 2018 from FORE School of Management, provided the students access to some of the most state-of-the-art amenities on the campus. Akshay, a promising IB student, added that the opportunity opened new doors for him and widened his academic and practical understanding of International Business and dealing with the challenges a global territory brings.
A healthy balance of education and play
Akshay spent six days with his friends and batchmates in Singapore, learning from the best and recounted how fruitful the visit to the several established companies like Expara, DHL, Grey Orange, etc. were. As part of the overseas academic program, the whole batch visited the 3-D printing Lab of NTU where they received exposure to the innovative practice and ideas. He recounted how this educational trip had been among the most fulfilling ones since he didn't just get the chance to explore the beautiful city of Singapore but also witnessed the technologically advanced marvel firsthand.
Akshay and his batchmates particularly found the wondrous and comfortable stay at the Nanyang Executive Centre residential facility in Singapore and went onto exploring iconic Singapore hotspots like the Botanic Garden, Chinatown, etc. he added, "the city is such a captivating marvel with its futuristic take on technology and design! Moreover, it's perfect for kick-starting the cosmopolitan journey into international business as it embraces students' sans boundaries and with open arms".